Patterson named permanent Scotland County health director
New Democratic Party chairman to speak in Scotland County
Scotland County, Laurinburg managers to meet on fire substations
State raises alarm on smoke detectors
State bill would punish local ‘sanctuary policies’
- Greenville mayor helps get erratic driver off road - 7:08 am
- Maxton to remove eyesore - 6:01 am
- Richmond County women injured in separate shootings - 5:33 am
- Lumberton show on Friday to benefit flood victims - 4:41 am
- Powwow planned for March 18 at UNCP - 3:07 am
- Patterson named permanent Scotland County health director - 2:33 am
- Dems push bills addressing profiling, hate crimes - 12:39 am
- New Democratic Party chairman to speak in Scotland County - 12:25 am
- Scotland County, Laurinburg managers to meet on fire substations - 10:47 pm
- Scotland sorority plans Zumbathon - 10:45 pm
- SBI searches county offices in payroll probe - 7:37 pm
- State raises alarm on smoke detectors - 4:12 pm
- FBI assessing threat against Muslims - 1:30 pm
- Authorities: Nails purposely placed on trail - 11:06 am
- Lowe’s announces more than 500 layoffs - 10:37 am
- Cooper, Stein drop push for voter-ID review - 9:22 am
- State bill would punish local ‘sanctuary policies’ - 8:49 am
- GOP pushing to make judicial races partisan - 8:32 am
- Lawsuit: Prosecutors conspired to hire each other’s wives - 8:13 am
- Former Richmond High football coach charged - 8:08 am
- Scotland County Farm Bureau completes renovation - 7:59 am
- Crime report - 7:39 am
- Centenarian shares her story with students - 7:04 am
- UNC board reduction bill heads to Cooper’s desk - 6:22 pm
- Gov. Cooper plans NC teacher-pay boost - 5:12 pm
Scotland sorority plans Zumbathon
LAURINBURG —The Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Laurinburg Alumnae Chapter, will present “Party Hearty” Zumbathon next month.The f...
SBI searches county offices in payroll probe
RAEFORD (AP) — State police are investigating alleged criminal activity in Hoke County’s government offices.Local media outlets report tha...
State raises alarm on smoke detectors
ROCKINGHAM — North Carolina Insurance Commissioner and State Fire Marshal Mike Causey warned fire departments and residents across North Carolin...
FBI assessing threat against Muslims
KERNERSVILLE (AP) — The FBI says it’s looking into reports of death threats made against Muslims during a meeting of conservative activist...
Authorities: Nails purposely placed on trail
SYLVA (AP) — Authorities have closed a popular Jackson County park after a runner impaled his foot on a nail that they believe was purposely pla...
Lowe’s announces more than 500 layoffs
MOORESVILLE (AP) — Home improvement retailer Lowe’s has announced its second round of layoffs in just over a month, saying more than 500 f...
Beacham headed to Pfeiffer
LAURINBURG — Scotland High School senior Emma Gray Beacham signing her letter of intent to play Division III volleyball at Pfeiffer University w...
A closer look at Scots baseball
LAURINBURG — With his rookie season out of the way, second-year head coach Chad Hill has just one more week before opening day to get the Fighti...
Knights wrestlers end season short of Nationals
BOWLING GREEN, Ky. — The St. Andrews University wrestling team traveled to the Mid-South Conference NAIA National Qualifier in Bowling Green, Ky...
St. Andrews basketball teams finish regular seasons
LAURINBURG — The St. Andrews University men’s basketball team was unable to extend their win on Senior Day. The Knights fell to Allen Univ...
Batter up, it’s baseball season
LAURINBURG — The Fighting Scots baseball team hosted a three team scrimmage on Saturday to open their pre-season. The unseasonably warm weather ...
Seven SEC teams advance to 4A playoffs
LAURINBURG — The North Carolina High School Athletic Association released the 2017 girls and boys basketball playoff brackets on Sunday — ...
LAURINBURG — The Bridge-at-the-Village group met on Feb. 20 at Scotia Village under the direction of Brian Potter.1. Patsy Smith / Barbara Henry...
Eastpointe OKs consolidation with Cardinal
BEULAVILLE — Eastpointe Human Services’ board of directors has unanimously approved a consolidation agreement with Cardinal Innovations He...
Designers take a holistic approach to health-care spaces
Health-care facilities can be stressful places for patients and visitors, with depressing waiting rooms, rows of uncomfortable seating, a blaring tele...
Neil Simon’s ‘Barefoot in the Park’ to be performed at RCC’s Cole
HAMLET— Neil Simon’s “Barefoot in the Park” will be presented live on stage at the Cole Auditorium by Montana Repertory Theatr...
The art of love
Nolan Gilmour | Laurinburg ExchangeStella Hayes, left, was one of 15 seniors of Wagram who spent Valentine’s Day painting. The Wagram Active Liv...
LAURINBURG — The Bridge-at-the-Village group met on Feb. 13 at Scotia Village under the direction of Brian Potter.1. Joanne Martin / Locke MacDo...
TAR HEEL VIEW: Yes, the press is the enemy — of secrecy
How should the press respond to President Donald Trump’s claim that “the fake news media” are “the enemy of the American peopl...
Letter: Let’s all slow down
To the editor:Recently, how many times have you heard or asked yourself – “I’m so busy I can hardly have a moment to myself to do wh...
Keep the dream alive
In this month we recognize what is known as Black History month. And being that it is such, I want to talk about a dream. Community, it is alright to ...
Stop demonizing diversity of opinion
Political rhetoric is bombarding us to the point we may want to ignore it all, but we can’t.We have to sift through it to make informed, reasona...
NC Senate leader Berger blocks HB2 fix, again
Senate President Pro Tem Phil Berger and other Republican leaders have spent the last few days desperately distorting the facts and rewriting history ...
LETTER: Did Russia profit from US election?
To the Editor:According to your Feb. 11 page 2A AP article, national defense secretary Michael Flynn, questionably now retired or fired, has a recolle...