Scotland all-female barbershop chorus regroups
Scotland youth to share tech knowledge
Sun shines on hard-hit county
UNC Pembroke staff recognized for years of service
Tribal Council OKs Godwin’s pick for administrator
- Scotland all-female barbershop chorus regroups - 8:13 am
- Crime report - 8:05 am
- Scotland youth to share tech knowledge - 7:48 am
- Sun shines on hard-hit county - 7:32 am
- UNC Pembroke staff recognized for years of service - 6:47 am
- Chancellor’s start-up competition for area - 2:39 pm
- NC-produced show approved for grant - 6:38 pm
- Tribal Council OKs Godwin’s pick for administrator - 7:01 am
- Bill cuts UNC system board to 24 members - 6:14 am
- Seminar to focus on ‘shop local’ strategy - 10:19 am
- Lowe’s to hire 600 full-time workers at NC facility - 9:31 am
- Pet squirrel guards home against burglary - 8:48 am
- FBI: White supremacist talked of Dylann Roof-type attack - 7:50 am
- Balancing school, volunteerism - 5:30 am updated: 5:30 am.
- Laurinburg-Scotland chamber looks for clean-up crews - 11:11 pm
- David Locklear of Laurinburg killed in John’s Road wreck - 7:32 pm
- Laurinburg man killed in John’s Road accident - 3:55 pm updated: 3:57 pm.
- Wagram man arrested for forgery - 3:33 pm
- Neil Simon’s ‘Barefoot in the Park’ to be performed at RCC’s Cole - 8:04 am
- Health officials say Pitt County child dies from flu - 3:24 am
- Bill for Fayetteville fried chicken festival filed - 1:15 am
- Jet hits deer on takeoff, returns to Charlotte airport - 11:35 pm
- Crime report - 9:34 pm updated: 11:58 pm.
- Scotland school board to provide teachers laptops - 8:44 pm
- Health officials: Flu cases on the rise in Scotland - 8:33 pm updated: 11:44 am.
Seminar to focus on ‘shop local’ strategy
HAMLET — New and existing small business owners can learn cost-effective ways to generate a dynamic “shop local” strategy at a free ...
Lowe’s to hire 600 full-time workers at NC facility
MOORESVILLE (AP) — North Carolina-based home improvement retailer Lowe’s says it will add at least 600 full-time customer-support and cent...
Pet squirrel guards home against burglary
MERIDIAN, Idaho (AP) — A pet squirrel named Joey prevented a burglary attempt in Idaho last week by scratching the teen suspect when he tried to...
FBI: White supremacist talked of Dylann Roof-type attack
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — A white supremacist with felony convictions in South Carolina bought a gun from an undercover FBI agent, telling the agent...
Balancing school, volunteerism
LAURINBURG – Daniel Johnson is a busy 16-year-old but not with the things that might take up a typical teen’s time. His world is divided b...
Laurinburg-Scotland chamber looks for clean-up crews
LAURINBURG — The Laurinburg-Scotland County Chamber of Commerce is calling for volunteers to participate in this Spring’s Litter Sweep.The...
Knights golf opens spring season
ST. SIMONS ISLAND, Ga. — The St. Andrews University men’s and women’s golf teams opened their spring seasons at Coastal Georgia̵...
Spring is in the air
LAURINBURG — The spring sports season at Scotland High School is just around the corner and with it being a much shorter season there are some j...
Lady Scots rocky season ends in first-round of SEC tourney
ROCKINGHAM — Games are won and lost at the free-throw line — the Lady Scots learned that the hard way on Tuesday in the first round of the...
Knights sweep series with offensive explosion
LAURINBURG — The St. Andrews baseball team rolled to a doubleheader sweep and a series win on against West Virginia Tech behind two strong pitch...
Laurinburg Optimist baseball, softball sign-ups begin Feb. 15
LAURINBURG — Sign-ups begin today for Optimist baseball or Optimist girl’s fast pitch softball online or at Optimist Park, 9961 S. Turnpik...
NCHSAA cracking down on discipline in baseball, softball
LUMBERTON — North Carolina’s high school baseball and softball coaches will be forced to act differently when they step on the field this ...
The art of love
Nolan Gilmour | Laurinburg ExchangeStella Hayes, left, was one of 15 seniors of Wagram who spent Valentine’s Day painting. The Wagram Active Liv...
LAURINBURG — The Bridge-at-the-Village group met on Feb. 13 at Scotia Village under the direction of Brian Potter.1. Joanne Martin / Locke MacDo...
Scottish Pilot Club event offers wine, food and song
Attendees sampled a wide variety of food along with wines from local vineyards Cypress Bend Vineyards in Wagram and Locklear Vineyard and Winery of Ma...
Mace, Robinson engagement
Courtesy photoJoey and Susan Mace, of Laurinburg, have announced the engagement of their daughter Brittany Mace to Danny Robinson Jr. Danny is the son...
Printed submissions can be delivered to the Laurinburg Exchange office, emailed to email@example.com, or faxed to 910-249-2500 by noon Wednesda...
LETTER: Did Russia profit from US election?
To the Editor:According to your Feb. 11 page 2A AP article, national defense secretary Michael Flynn, questionably now retired or fired, has a recolle...
Educate, don’t ticket, drivers with pets in lap
You’ve heard about the nanny state. How about the pet-sitter state? An unnecessary if well-intentioned bill filed Wednesday in the N.C. General A...
Their view: Washington has always been notoriously leaky
His national security adviser had to resign after falsely denying secret talks with Russia. His White House aides splintered into warring factions. Hi...
Russian reality: Playing straight with the bear, avoiding claws
FEB. 12, 2017 — In considering the evolution of U.S.-Russian ties it is important to remember that there are advantages to good relations with t...
Wimpy politicians create fiscal mess
RALEIGH — Other than Dale Folwell, North Carolina’s new state treasurer, no state politician made a big campaign issue last fall of the co...
Will the real Trump please stand?
President Donald Trump recently spoke to the National Prayer Breakfast in Washington, D.C., as his predecessors have consistently done since 1953.Call...