Scotland DA closes sheriff voting-buying probe
RCC pins nursing grads
Pittenger: U.S. needs Trump
Laurinburg funds arts council despite nonprofit ban
Thursday’s coverage of the Republican National Convention
- Scotland DA closes sheriff voting-buying probe - 5:20 pm
- RCC pins nursing grads - 6:48 am
- Crime report - 6:47 am
- Laurinburg funds arts council despite nonprofit ban - 7:51 pm
- Thursday’s coverage of the Republican National Convention - 6:00 pm updated: 6:00 pm.
- Maxton to consider rules on sagging apparel - 7:01 am
- Scotland County named designee for federal incentive effort - 3:31 am
- Pet of the Week - 11:04 pm
- Banks promoted by Air Force - 11:04 pm
- Open House offers first peek at Laurinburg Carlie C’s - 11:00 pm
- Report: Debt OK for Laurinburg City Hall - 10:59 pm
- Wednesday’s coverage of the Republican National Convention - 5:24 pm updated: 5:24 pm.
- Laurinburg bridge results - 12:32 pm
- St Andrews holds final swim classes - 7:35 am
- Crime report - 11:44 pm
- Laurinburg residents oppose City Hall in raucous meeting - 10:55 pm updated: 1:12 pm.
- DOT to improve US 401 in Laurinburg - 9:12 pm
- Tuesday’s coverage of the Republican National Convention - 6:48 pm updated: 6:53 pm.
- Southern Pines police seek man for threats against officers, outstanding warrant - 4:19 pm
- Byrd insurance to host ribbon cutting - 2:41 pm
- Suspected drugs dealers set to go to Scotland court - 12:34 pm
- Laurinburg police investigate separate shootings - 12:10 pm
- Laurinburg woman shot in leg - 10:05 am
- RNC 2016: Critics say Trump talk steals from Obama’s - 9:40 am updated: 10:07 am.
- RNC 2016: Convention kicks off - 9:15 am
- RCC to host RSI job fair - 8:14 am
- Pet of the Week - 8:00 am
- Laurinburg police gets surprise packages - 7:59 am
- Laurinburg council to get finance update on City Hall proposal - 7:58 am
- ‘Snakes Alive’ offers scaly fun at Scotland library - 7:58 am
- RNC: Ohio delegation overjoyed by ‘Down Under’ speech - 5:47 pm
- Scotland names administrators - 3:36 pm
- RCC offering free Microsoft Office Specialist exams - 8:24 pm
- Laurel Hill men charged in gambling bust - 8:23 pm
- Scotland teacher recognized - 8:22 pm
- Self Help Credit Union awards Laurinburg student - 8:19 pm
- McInnis: Teacher pay raise historic - 8:17 pm
- Resident:Gibson needs police presence - 7:12 am
- Scotland County native elected Methodist conference bishop - 9:51 pm
- Two wanted Laurinburg men in custody - 10:05 pm
- Opponents use petitions to halt city hall project - 10:04 pm updated: 11:15 am.
- Sing-along to aid Scotland Cancer Center - 10:00 pm
- Marketing firm, AACS to hold open house - 2:40 pm
- Gill fans seek answers for cancelled RCC concert - 1:07 pm
- Maxton man killed in wreck - 1:06 pm
- Union Grove event to show police in new light - 1:05 pm
- Maxton trustee re-appointed to RCC - 12:15 pm
- Laurinburg to get $94K for downtown - 12:14 pm
- Laurinburg may make trash deal with Robeson - 8:52 am
- Scotland County to formulate strategic plan - 8:50 am
Open House offers first peek at Laurinburg Carlie C’s
LAURINBURG — City and county officials, business leaders, as well as residents got a chance to see and taste what Carlie C’s IGA has to of...
Report: Debt OK for Laurinburg City Hall
LAURINBURG —A financial consultant said Laurinburg is capable of borrowing the money needed to build a nearly $11 million municipal building.But...
Wednesday’s coverage of the Republican National Convention
Find out what delegates had to say about taxes jobs, as well as how a bottle represented the country’s economic future on our RNC page.Click her...
Laurinburg bridge results
LAURINBURG — The Bridge-at-the-Village group met on July 11 at Scotia Village under the direction of Brian Potter.Norma Jones and Millie Yongue ...
St Andrews holds final swim classes
LAURINBURG — Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming.That’s exactly what the 13 children who attended this week’s...
LAURINBURG — Laurinburg Deputy Police Chief Charles Sessoms said there has been a rash of car break-ins in the past couple of weeks in the Long ...
Scotland youth learn about broadcasting
LAURINBURG — A group of budding sports reporters have spent the last four days learning the ins and outs of the radio world with WLNC’s Ke...
Football seasontickets go onsale Aug. 15
LAURINBURG — With football season fast approaching Scotland High School will soon be giving season ticket holders the opportunity to re-purchase...
St. Andrews’ basketball, wrestling hold kids camps
LAURINBURG — The Physical Education building on the campus of St. Andrews University has been a busy place this week. The Knights basketball and...
Jackie Jacobs calls for support to get Ashton Locklear’s parents to Rio Olympics
As she prepares to head to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil for the Olympics, Lumbee gymnast Ashton Locklear hasn’t forgotten her roots.“The support...
SHS grads play in East West All-Star Game
LAURINBURG — Two Scotland graduates have traveled to Robert B. Jamison Stadium in Greensboro to compete in the 68th annual East West All-Star fo...
Pembroke MMA fighters chasing pro dreams
PEMBROKE — Joshua Oxendine and Luke Canady have been training seven days a week, traveling all over the local area and around the state in hopes...
July 4 Bridge-at-the-Village results
LAURINBURG — The Bridge-at-the-Village group met on July 4 at Scotia Village under the direction of Brian Potter.Joanne Martin and Jim Beales fi...
Follow us on Twitter
Be sure to follow us on Twitter @LburgExchange Be sure to follow us on Twitter @LburgExchange http://laurinburgexchange.com/wp-content/upl...
Scottish Pilot Club recalls year
LAURINBURG — The Scottish Pilot Club of Laurinburg honored its members for contributions and welcomed new officers and club members during a rec...
James-Patterson family hosts reunion
LAURINBURG — Approximately 80 descendants and family members of Alexander Long James and Mary Patterson gathered for a reunion June 17-19 at the...
Pet of the Week
Handsome London is one of the nicest dogs shelter officials have ever met. He is a very calm boy, who loves attention and great walking on the leash. ...
Our two great Robert Morgans
North Carolinians of my generation have been blessed with two important Robert Morgans. One is the mountain-born-and-raised and acclaimed writer who i...
Time to support police
To the editor:Now is the time to show support for our police may it be city, county or highway patrol.The men and women serving our community must kno...
Elderly in need of an assist lose key measure of protection
News and ObserverOlder people in North Carolina who live in nursing homes and those in assisted-living facilities will be a little less safe now thank...
Compromise needed on City Hall
According to a recent report in the New York Sun, constructing a square foot of office space in New York City costs almost three times as much as it w...
Scotland Democratic Women: Gun controls needed
To the editor:In his recent editorial titled “Gun Grabbers Act without Logic,” Thomas Lucente claims any common sense gun control measure ...