SAU students become teachers
Pratt sworn as register of deeds
Public support for City Hall may factor in state consideration
Laurinburg hosts jolly Christmas parade
Scotland urged to apply for storm help
- MCSO: Scotland pair charged in major crime ring - 11:46 pm
- Old furnishings get new life - 1:19 pm
- Public support for City Hall may factor in state consideration - 1:17 pm
- Crime report - 8:21 am
- Laurinburg hosts jolly Christmas parade - 8:20 am
- Police: Murder suspect says ‘shoot me, shoot me.’ - 7:18 pm updated: 10:38 am.
- Trip from doctor to patient - 5:04 pm
- Tour showcases holiday homes - 5:03 pm updated: 5:05 pm.
- McCrory concedes he lost re-election bid - 4:06 pm
- County looks at rec. center - 9:45 pm
- Laurel Hill lighting to be tree-mendous - 8:59 pm
- Taylor to represent Scotland on Tribal Council - 8:58 pm updated: 8:59 pm.
- Signs stolen from Scotland County GOP - 8:55 pm
- View Story - 8:50 am
- Scotland AIDS vigil stresses awareness - 8:22 pm
- Former glory: FUMC stained glass windows restored - 8:22 pm
- Scotland construction school needs to be studied - 8:20 pm
- Exchange seeks Santa letters - 2:57 pm
- Outdoorsman shop opens - 2:56 pm
- Scotland sorority sets record - 2:54 pm updated: 10:55 am.
- Scotland County to plan strategy at retreat - 1:45 pm
- Laurinburg Christmas parade Saturday - 9:10 am updated: 2:56 pm.
- Toys for Tots to brighten Christmas for Scotland County kids - 8:02 pm
- Optimist tree sale helps youth - 10:03 pm
- AIDS Day vigil planned for Scotland County - 7:55 pm
County looks at rec. center
LAURINBURG — Scotland County residents could decide whether to help fund a recreation center at the Morgan Complex.Construction of the center wa...
Laurel Hill lighting to be tree-mendous
LAUREL HILL — It will begin to look a lot like Christmas in Laurel Hill on Saturday as the town holds its annual Christmas tree lighting.As part...
Taylor to represent Scotland on Tribal Council
LAURINBURG — Lumbee voters in District 12 that includes Scotland County, ousted the incumbent on the Lumbee Tribal Council.In District 12, which...
Signs stolen from Scotland County GOP
LAURINBURG —The saga of signs at the Scotland County Republican Party headquarters seems to have come full circle.The day after a reader complai...
ArrestsLAUREL HILL — Jimmy Dean Brayboy, 52, of Broadwell Road, was charged with communicating threats on Tuesday, according to the sheriff̵...
Scotland AIDS vigil stresses awareness
LAURINBURG — HIV survivor Gary Lowery would have predicted a different future for himself 10 years ago.But on the eve of World AIDS Day, Lowery ...
Bengals sign former Scot Tony McRae
LAURINBURG — The Cincinnati Bengals have signed former Scotland High School running back Tony McRae to their practice quad.McRae led Scotland to...
Crowning a champion in the East
LAURINBURG — And then there were four.The Fighting Scots are one of four teams that remain in the 2016 North Carolina High School Athletic Assoc...
Player of the Week
LAURINBURG — Khasiya Sellers is a 6-foot 2-inch senior at Scotland High School. She is the starting center, wearing No. 34, for the Lady Scots b...
Enough with the wine and cheese
LAURINBURG — It’s an odd thing when you go to sporting events and you’re surrounded by people but none of them seem to be excited about the game...
The chase for the ring continues
LAURINBURG — The Fighting Scots are two games away from a berth to the 4A state championship. The team with the dream is still chasing the ring ...
Player of the Week
LAURINBURG — Niem Ratliffe is a 5-foot 9-inch junior at Scotland High School. He is one of the starting guards, wearing No. 30, for the Fighting...
Blanden to hold peanut festival
DUBLIN — Bladen County will host a celebration for the peanut in the peanut capital of the South on Sept. 17 at Dublin Primary School.The festiv...
UNCP workshop focuses on quilts and bone creations
PEMBROKE — Seed jewelry making and soapstone carving, laced with stories of history and tradition, are just a sample of the creative treasure tr...
Laurinburg agency celebrates reopening
LAURINBURG — Eric Byrd along with friends, family and members of the Laurinburg-Scotland County Chamber of Commerce were on hand Friday for the ...
FORT WORTH, Texas —Randi Nicole Yamane of Forth Worth, Texas was recently engaged to Dustin Lee Clark of Johns Station, N.C. The bride is a 2011 ...
Scotland teacher recognized
Kellan Teasley, center, a teacher at Scotland Early College High School, was recognized at this week Scotland County school board as one of the 2015-1...
Jesus doesn’t pick political sides
To the editor:Driving north on the bypass last week, I was startled to see “THANK YOU JESUS” a crudely lettered poster, attached to the Re...
Citizens will be heard in 2017
Most people would agree that compromise is necessary for good government. Compromise is defined as “an agreement or a settlement of a dispute, w...
Sunday School Lesson
After going to Macedonia, Paul and his colleagues passed through the cities of Amphipolis and Apollonia and to Thessalonica where they found “a ...
The myths about consolidation
The beloved and revered CBS Broadcaster, Walter Cronkite, once said, ‘In seeking the truth, you have to get both sides of the story.’ In t...
Downtown heralds in the holidays
We all know what your true love gets you on the first day of Christmas – a time honored Christmas Carol tells us that. More importantly, what wi...