Tribal Council OKs Godwin’s pick for administrator
Seminar to focus on ‘shop local’ strategy
Balancing school, volunteerism
David Locklear of Laurinburg killed in John’s Road wreck
Laurinburg man killed in John’s Road accident
- Chancellor’s start-up competition for area - 2:39 pm
- NC-produced show approved for grant - 6:38 pm
- Tribal Council OKs Godwin’s pick for administrator - 7:01 am
- Bill cuts UNC system board to 24 members - 6:14 am
- Seminar to focus on ‘shop local’ strategy - 10:19 am
- Lowe’s to hire 600 full-time workers at NC facility - 9:31 am
- Pet squirrel guards home against burglary - 8:48 am
- FBI: White supremacist talked of Dylann Roof-type attack - 7:50 am
- Balancing school, volunteerism - 5:30 am updated: 5:30 am.
- Laurinburg-Scotland chamber looks for clean-up crews - 11:11 pm
- David Locklear of Laurinburg killed in John’s Road wreck - 7:32 pm
- Laurinburg man killed in John’s Road accident - 3:55 pm updated: 3:57 pm.
- Wagram man arrested for forgery - 3:33 pm
- Neil Simon’s ‘Barefoot in the Park’ to be performed at RCC’s Cole - 8:04 am
- Health officials say Pitt County child dies from flu - 3:24 am
- Bill for Fayetteville fried chicken festival filed - 1:15 am
- Jet hits deer on takeoff, returns to Charlotte airport - 11:35 pm
- Crime report - 9:34 pm updated: 11:58 pm.
- Scotland school board to provide teachers laptops - 8:44 pm
- Health officials: Flu cases on the rise in Scotland - 8:33 pm updated: 11:44 am.
- Laurel Hill storage buildings gutted in fire - 7:10 pm
- Laurel Hill woman charged in wreck - 6:30 pm updated: 6:31 pm.
- Laurinburg storyteller to weave tales at Leath Memorial Library - 2:37 pm
- Jones County voters sue, allege discrimination - 12:05 pm
- Gov. Cooper offers ‘compromise’ repealing HB2 - 10:38 am
Laurinburg-Scotland chamber looks for clean-up crews
LAURINBURG — The Laurinburg-Scotland County Chamber of Commerce is calling for volunteers to participate in this Spring’s Litter Sweep.The...
David Locklear of Laurinburg killed in John’s Road wreck
LAURINBURG – A Laurinburg man is dead after his car ran off the road and struck a utility pole on Wednesday.David Locklear, 70, died as a result...
Wagram man arrested for forgery
LAURINBURG – Police have arrested a Wagram man in connection with a theft that took place in December.Damien Daniel Edward McDonald, 22, of Bund...
Neil Simon’s ‘Barefoot in the Park’ to be performed at RCC’s Cole
HAMLET— Neil Simon’s “Barefoot in the Park” will be presented live on stage at the Cole Auditorium by Montana Repertory Theatr...
Health officials say Pitt County child dies from flu
GREENVILLE (AP) — State and local health officials say a Pitt County child has died from the flu, and that an existing health condition might ha...
Knights golf opens spring season
ST. SIMONS ISLAND, Ga. — The St. Andrews University men’s and women’s golf teams opened their spring seasons at Coastal Georgia̵...
Spring is in the air
LAURINBURG — The spring sports season at Scotland High School is just around the corner and with it being a much shorter season there are some j...
Lady Scots rocky season ends in first-round of SEC tourney
ROCKINGHAM — Games are won and lost at the free-throw line — the Lady Scots learned that the hard way on Tuesday in the first round of the...
Knights sweep series with offensive explosion
LAURINBURG — The St. Andrews baseball team rolled to a doubleheader sweep and a series win on against West Virginia Tech behind two strong pitch...
Laurinburg Optimist baseball, softball sign-ups begin Feb. 15
LAURINBURG — Sign-ups begin today for Optimist baseball or Optimist girl’s fast pitch softball online or at Optimist Park, 9961 S. Turnpik...
NCHSAA cracking down on discipline in baseball, softball
LUMBERTON — North Carolina’s high school baseball and softball coaches will be forced to act differently when they step on the field this ...
The art of love
Nolan Gilmour | Laurinburg ExchangeStella Hayes, left, was one of 15 seniors of Wagram who spent Valentine’s Day painting. The Wagram Active Liv...
LAURINBURG — The Bridge-at-the-Village group met on Feb. 13 at Scotia Village under the direction of Brian Potter.1. Joanne Martin / Locke MacDo...
Scottish Pilot Club event offers wine, food and song
Attendees sampled a wide variety of food along with wines from local vineyards Cypress Bend Vineyards in Wagram and Locklear Vineyard and Winery of Ma...
Mace, Robinson engagement
Courtesy photoJoey and Susan Mace, of Laurinburg, have announced the engagement of their daughter Brittany Mace to Danny Robinson Jr. Danny is the son...
Printed submissions can be delivered to the Laurinburg Exchange office, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or faxed to 910-249-2500 by noon Wednesda...
Their view: Washington has always been notoriously leaky
His national security adviser had to resign after falsely denying secret talks with Russia. His White House aides splintered into warring factions. Hi...
Russian reality: Playing straight with the bear, avoiding claws
FEB. 12, 2017 — In considering the evolution of U.S.-Russian ties it is important to remember that there are advantages to good relations with t...
Wimpy politicians create fiscal mess
RALEIGH — Other than Dale Folwell, North Carolina’s new state treasurer, no state politician made a big campaign issue last fall of the co...
Will the real Trump please stand?
President Donald Trump recently spoke to the National Prayer Breakfast in Washington, D.C., as his predecessors have consistently done since 1953.Call...
Outgoing Scotland chamber chair, Dean Nichols, focused on growth
“Focus on Laurinburg/Scotland County” recently had the opportunity to sit down with Dean Nichols – the 2016 Chair of the Laurinburg/...
Column: Mayor offers apology for city actions
It is high time that the city of Laurinburg take responsibility for a number of wrongs that have occurred over the past year or so.Although these wron...