Scotland man jailed on child pornagraphy charges
Scotland DA closes sheriff voting-buying probe
RCC pins nursing grads
Pittenger: U.S. needs Trump
Laurinburg funds arts council despite nonprofit ban
- DNC 2016: Protests by Sanders’ supporters calls party unity into question - 5:13 pm
- DNC 2016: Trumka: Jobs, fair wages ‘key for prosperity’ - 3:27 pm
- DNC 2016: Sen. Casey: National, economic security critical in race for the White House - 2:51 pm
- DNC 2016: By the Numbers from the Democratic National Convention - 1:24 pm
- Senatorial candidate Katie McGinty to address the DNC on Thursday - 1:03 pm
- Hillary Clinton will be in Scranton, Pennsylvania, on Aug. 15 - 11:37 am updated: 11:45 am.
- Scotland DA closes sheriff voting-buying probe - 5:20 pm
- RCC pins nursing grads - 6:48 am
- Crime report - 6:47 am
- Laurinburg funds arts council despite nonprofit ban - 7:51 pm
- Thursday’s coverage of the Republican National Convention - 6:00 pm updated: 6:00 pm.
- Maxton to consider rules on sagging apparel - 7:01 am
- Scotland County named designee for federal incentive effort - 3:31 am
- Pet of the Week - 11:04 pm
- Banks promoted by Air Force - 11:04 pm
- Open House offers first peek at Laurinburg Carlie C’s - 11:00 pm
- Report: Debt OK for Laurinburg City Hall - 10:59 pm
- Wednesday’s coverage of the Republican National Convention - 5:24 pm updated: 5:24 pm.
- Laurinburg bridge results - 12:32 pm
- St Andrews holds final swim classes - 7:35 am
- Crime report - 11:44 pm
- Laurinburg residents oppose City Hall in raucous meeting - 10:55 pm updated: 1:12 pm.
- DOT to improve US 401 in Laurinburg - 9:12 pm
- Tuesday’s coverage of the Republican National Convention - 6:48 pm updated: 6:53 pm.
- Southern Pines police seek man for threats against officers, outstanding warrant - 4:19 pm
- Byrd insurance to host ribbon cutting - 2:41 pm
- Suspected drugs dealers set to go to Scotland court - 12:34 pm
- Laurinburg police investigate separate shootings - 12:10 pm
- Laurinburg woman shot in leg - 10:05 am
- RNC 2016: Critics say Trump talk steals from Obama’s - 9:40 am updated: 10:07 am.
- RNC 2016: Convention kicks off - 9:15 am
- RCC to host RSI job fair - 8:14 am
- Pet of the Week - 8:00 am
- Laurinburg police gets surprise packages - 7:59 am
- Laurinburg council to get finance update on City Hall proposal - 7:58 am
- ‘Snakes Alive’ offers scaly fun at Scotland library - 7:58 am
- RNC: Ohio delegation overjoyed by ‘Down Under’ speech - 5:47 pm
- Scotland names administrators - 3:36 pm
- RCC offering free Microsoft Office Specialist exams - 8:24 pm
- Laurel Hill men charged in gambling bust - 8:23 pm
- Scotland teacher recognized - 8:22 pm
- Self Help Credit Union awards Laurinburg student - 8:19 pm
- McInnis: Teacher pay raise historic - 8:17 pm
- Resident:Gibson needs police presence - 7:12 am
- Scotland County native elected Methodist conference bishop - 9:51 pm
- Two wanted Laurinburg men in custody - 10:05 pm
- Opponents use petitions to halt city hall project - 10:04 pm updated: 11:15 am.
- Sing-along to aid Scotland Cancer Center - 10:00 pm
- Marketing firm, AACS to hold open house - 2:40 pm
- Gill fans seek answers for cancelled RCC concert - 1:07 pm
Laurinburg funds arts council despite nonprofit ban
LAURINBURG — Laurinburg agreed this week to give $7,500 to the Scotland County Arts Council, but some city officials have expressed concern abou...
Thursday’s coverage of the Republican National Convention
Find out what deleegrations had to say at the Republican National Convention about the Second Amendment and fixing Veterans Affairs on our RNC page.Cl...
Maxton to consider rules on sagging apparel
MAXTON — Maxton officials want young men to pull up their pants.At the recommendation of Mayor Emmett “Chip” Morton, the town board ...
Scotland County named designee for federal incentive effort
LAURINBURG — Scotland County has been designated as part of the North Carolina Sentinel Landscape, a zone where voluntary federal incentive prog...
Pet of the Week
Creed is about 2 years old. He’s a talker and loves attention. If a sweet, curious companion is what you’re looking for then he’s yo...
Banks promoted by Air Force
SAN ANTONIO — Laurinburg native Major Aaron B. Banks was recently promoted to lieutenant colonel. The promotion ceremony was held at Air Space C...
St. Andrews hosts Moore Co. Swim League Championship meet
O’Herron Pool on the campus of St. Andrews University was the site of this year’s Moore County Swim League’s Championship meet. Swim...
Scotland youth learn about broadcasting
LAURINBURG — A group of budding sports reporters have spent the last four days learning the ins and outs of the radio world with WLNC’s Ke...
Football seasontickets go onsale Aug. 15
LAURINBURG — With football season fast approaching Scotland High School will soon be giving season ticket holders the opportunity to re-purchase...
St. Andrews’ basketball, wrestling hold kids camps
LAURINBURG — The Physical Education building on the campus of St. Andrews University has been a busy place this week. The Knights basketball and...
Jackie Jacobs calls for support to get Ashton Locklear’s parents to Rio Olympics
As she prepares to head to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil for the Olympics, Lumbee gymnast Ashton Locklear hasn’t forgotten her roots.“The support...
SHS grads play in East West All-Star Game
LAURINBURG — Two Scotland graduates have traveled to Robert B. Jamison Stadium in Greensboro to compete in the 68th annual East West All-Star fo...
July 4 Bridge-at-the-Village results
LAURINBURG — The Bridge-at-the-Village group met on July 4 at Scotia Village under the direction of Brian Potter.Joanne Martin and Jim Beales fi...
Follow us on Twitter
Be sure to follow us on Twitter @LburgExchange Be sure to follow us on Twitter @LburgExchange http://laurinburgexchange.com/wp-content/upl...
Scottish Pilot Club recalls year
LAURINBURG — The Scottish Pilot Club of Laurinburg honored its members for contributions and welcomed new officers and club members during a rec...
James-Patterson family hosts reunion
LAURINBURG — Approximately 80 descendants and family members of Alexander Long James and Mary Patterson gathered for a reunion June 17-19 at the...
Pet of the Week
Handsome London is one of the nicest dogs shelter officials have ever met. He is a very calm boy, who loves attention and great walking on the leash. ...
Our two great Robert Morgans
North Carolinians of my generation have been blessed with two important Robert Morgans. One is the mountain-born-and-raised and acclaimed writer who i...
Time to support police
To the editor:Now is the time to show support for our police may it be city, county or highway patrol.The men and women serving our community must kno...
Elderly in need of an assist lose key measure of protection
News and ObserverOlder people in North Carolina who live in nursing homes and those in assisted-living facilities will be a little less safe now thank...
Compromise needed on City Hall
According to a recent report in the New York Sun, constructing a square foot of office space in New York City costs almost three times as much as it w...
Scotland Democratic Women: Gun controls needed
To the editor:In his recent editorial titled “Gun Grabbers Act without Logic,” Thomas Lucente claims any common sense gun control measure ...