Kuumba fest brings the fun
Poem, performance rated ‘epic’
Leaders tout positives
Scotland County commissioners strategize for the future
11 to compete in Kuumba Pageant
- Crime report - 12:11 am
- SAU literary journal seeks submissions - 12:10 am
- Kuumba fest brings the fun - 12:10 am
- Poem, performance rated ‘epic’ - 12:09 am
- Consultant: Laurinburg needs new electric substation - 12:07 am
- Pittengerslammedover raceremarksfor - 12:54 pm
- Former SAU professor dies - 12:54 pm updated: 12:54 pm.
- Leaders tout positives - 12:54 pm
- Maxton man killed by train - 4:14 pm
- Mayor: Laurinburg needs to push recreation center - 7:04 am
- Maxton DOT plan focused on Scotland - 10:06 am
- Barber to speakat local NAACPFreedom Fund - 9:33 am
- County ranked among top 10 in new HIV cases - 1:22 pm updated: 1:30 pm.
- Willis: Laurinburg should not meedle with other boards - 1:09 pm
- View Story - 8:11 am
- Laurinburg mayor suggests council meet with county on school plan - 8:07 am
- 4 killed in weekend bus crash south of Hamlet - 8:03 am
- RCC to host Revolutionary War exhibit - 8:03 am
- Relay on track to fight cancer - 4:39 pm
- D.C. trip makes impression - 4:39 pm
- HB 1030 shrinks class sizes - 1:30 pm
- Scotland area educators to host annual talk - 1:08 pm
- Laurinburg considers 60-day ban on new solar farms - 1:06 pm
- Crime report - 10:13 am
- Scotland elections board lists early voting dates - 10:13 am
- Scotland boards looks at school plan options - 10:11 am
- Driver crashes into Laurel Hill Elementary - 8:14 pm
- Firm find fewer consolidation savings for Scotland schools - 7:45 pm
- Scotland’s Sheriff Kersey decides to run after-all - 7:43 pm updated: 8:00 pm.
- Legacy lives on in festival - 11:08 am
- Scotland memorial honors Sept. 11, first responders - 11:07 am
- Crime reports - 2:45 pm updated: 2:45 pm.
- Resident: Clownchased in woodsnear Tara Village - 12:22 pm
- Community leads by volunteering - 12:21 pm
- Scotland Health Department adds immunizations - 1:32 pm
- LRCOG to hold dementia workshop - 1:32 pm
- Scotland youth take part in 4H camp - 1:31 pm
- Scotland County United Way donates for helmets - 10:26 pm
- Scotland graduations at all-time high - 10:24 pm
- Cano make pitch for 9th District run - 10:22 pm
- Lumbees make case to Senate for recognition - 8:01 am
- Crime reports - 10:09 pm
- Gibson native national champ - 10:09 pm
- FCC touts Richmond Community College training - 10:08 pm
- Police: Clown seen in Laurinburg woods - 10:07 pm
- SAU schooled on sustainablity - 10:05 pm
- Scotland County talks education ahead of joint meeting - 12:45 pm
- Scotland County sheriff: I will not run again - 12:14 pm updated: 12:44 pm.
- Maxton man charged with sex crimes - 10:53 am
- Maxton resident on Farm Credit Board - 10:53 am
Mayor: Laurinburg needs to push recreation center
LAURINBURG — Laurinburg will have to take the lead on getting a new recreation center if the project is ever going to get built, Mayor Matthew B...
Barber to speakat local NAACPFreedom Fund
LAURINBURG — The Rev. William Barber, the architect of the Moral Mondays movement, will be in Laurinburg next month as featured speaker at this ...
County ranked among top 10 in new HIV cases
LAURINBURG — Statistics show residents in Scotland County are contracting HIV at a much higher rate than in other parts of the state, county health ...
Willis: Laurinburg should not meedle with other boards
LAURINBURG —At least one Laurinburg councilman said Tuesday that he was not comfortable with Mayor Matthew Block’s recommendation that the...
ArrestsLAURINBURG — Kaitlyn Michelle Smith, 26, of East Laurinburg, was arrested on Friday for larceny of a firearm, misdemeanor larceny and pro...
Fighting Scots demolish Glenn
LAURINBURG — The fog had set into Pate Stadium by the time the Fighting Scots and the Glenn Bobcats met at mid-field to shake hands and the stan...
Lady Scots drop three-set match to Richmond
LAURINBURG — The Lady Scots finished a tough three-game week with a loss to Richmond in three sets: 19-25, 21-25 and 21-25. According to coach A...
St. Andrews Western Team wins first show
LAURINBURG — The St. Andrews Western Team started out their competition season with a victory as they hosted the IHSA Western Horse Shows last w...
Knights golf finishes 9th at Queens Invite
KANNAPOLIS — The St. Andrews University men’s Golf team finished ninth out of 12 teams in the Div. II Queens University Invitational at th...
Special Teams Player of the Week
LAURINBURG — Tyrek Waters is a 5-foot 11-inch junior at Scotland High School. He is also one of the team’s defensive backs, wearing No. 30...
Offensive Player of the Week
LAURINBURG — Barry Campbell is a 6-foot 3-inch senior at Scotland High School. He is one of the starting wide receivers, wearing No. 6, for the ...
UNCP workshop focuses on quilts and bone creations
PEMBROKE — Seed jewelry making and soapstone carving, laced with stories of history and tradition, are just a sample of the creative treasure tr...
Laurinburg agency celebrates reopening
LAURINBURG — Eric Byrd along with friends, family and members of the Laurinburg-Scotland County Chamber of Commerce were on hand Friday for the ...
FORT WORTH, Texas —Randi Nicole Yamane of Forth Worth, Texas was recently engaged to Dustin Lee Clark of Johns Station, N.C. The bride is a 2011 ...
Scotland teacher recognized
Kellan Teasley, center, a teacher at Scotland Early College High School, was recognized at this week Scotland County school board as one of the 2015-1...
Scotland County births
Here are the most recent births at Scotland Memorial:Barber girlChannelle T. Barber and Everett Paul Barber Jr. of Laurel Hill announces the birth of ...
To the editor:In response to Robert Currie’s Sept. 14 letter, I am not at all talking about displaced workers getting something free. Displaced ...
Making our community a better place
As the summer turns to fall, I am honored to take this opportunity to kick-off a new weekly article titled, “Focus on Laurinburg/Scotland County...
TAR HEEL VIEW: Loony legal fights are choking the state, taxpayers
The U.S. Supreme Court decision on the state legislature’s new election law underscores the folly of wrongheaded laws that the legislature insis...
Voters will never be experts
RALEIGH — I have strong opinions — but not about how to perform brain surgery, write a smart-phone app, design a golf course, or produce a...
Wagram Town BoardMeets first Thursday of every month at 7 p.m. at the Wagram town hall.East Laurinburg Board of CommissionersMeets the first Tuesday o...